Did you know that washing your bra’s too often wears out the fabric and elastic?
If you want them to last its important to give your bra’s a little TLC.
I have put together a few simple tips which I am hoping help the lifespan of your bra’s.
Using the washing machine
- Always do the clasps up at the back when washing so they don’t get caught on other items
- Try and wash bras separate, Maybe do a bra load every week or every other week.
- Choose a delicate cool cycle under 40 degrees and a slower spin cycle
- Choose a silk and wool detergent.
Most brands make a specialist detergent and most supermarkets now have their own range which includes a delicate laundry detergent
- When they come out of the machine reshape the cups
- Don’t wring them out as this will ruin them
- Hang them to dry
If you choose to wash them with other clothing use laundry bags as these stop them from getting tangled up with other items. But DON’T over stuff the bags.
DON’T wash them with heavy items such as JEANS
Fill a bowl with warm water and add in your detergent
Soak for an hour and gently rub to get together to remove any marks and ground in dirt
Rinse with cold water and pat dry using an old towel
Hang to dry
Your regular day to day bras should be replaced yearly as they lose their elasticity and will no provide proper support
As always thank you for reading and I hope you found this useful