There is such a huge buzz for cleaning at the moment but as much as some of us try to keep on top of our homes a cleaner is sometimes still needed for those little jobs that we can just forget to do. Getting help with the cleaning has become more of a necessity for some busy families, not a luxury, and there are plenty of choices, from hiring an individual cleaner to hiring a cleaning company.
Letting a cleaner/cleaning company come into your home touch your belongings and invade on your private space can be hard for some. Once you have got your head around this and you make the decision to employ a cleaner/cleaning company you need to make sure you choose wisely.
You need complete trust in the cleaner/cleaners you choose and need to feel comfortable that you are leaving your home in safe hands.
I am asked often about how to choose a company so I felt a guidance was in order.
I strongly suggest you………..
1 – Do your research
2 – Check references, ask for them to give details of people they are currently work for and ask if you can contact them. A good cleaner will off course so yes.
3 – Check reviews on social media groups and look for testimonials on their website.
5 – Arrange a pre visit so you can meet with them and ask these questions
- Do you bring your own cleaning products
- Do use use Eco cleaning products
- Have long have you been in business
- Do you use bleach
- Do you wear shoe covers or take your shoes off
- Are you insured
- Are you DBS checked
- Do you work in pairs and do the same team come each time
- How to you set your rates, do you charge by the hour or by the property type. If it is hourly make sure you cap this as you don’t want to be over charged.
- Do you have a satisfaction guarantee – Companies should be open to your suggestions and feedback. They should also be able to provide you with a satisfaction guarantee in the event that you are unhappy with a particular service.You should be able to openly communicate with them by email or phone to ensure your cleaning needs are being met.
- How will you gain access to my home – If you leave your cleaner with a key ensure its is kept in a key safe or grant access through a key pad.
- If you have a pet ensure the cleaner/cleaners will be OK with it and keep it safe
- What is included in the service – Ask what cleaning services are included in a regular , does this include windows, reaching high to cobwebs and dusting of skirting boards.
- Will I get everything in writing
- Can I have a trial clean before I commit
- What is the cancellation process.
- How do I pay
In the UK the average cost of a self employed independent cleaner is around £11.50 per hour and for a company £16.50 per hour.
If you are being quoted more than that I would be questioning why.
Most of my friends have a cleaner and I would say that 50 % of them aren’t too happy but just stick with it. Remember this is your home and a service you are paying for so it needs to be right. You want to come home from work a to a house that shines. If you are not happy with your cleaner/cleaning service you need to speak up and provide evidence that the job is not being done correctly. Take photos of areas that have been missed so you can back up your compliant.
If all of this just sounds like to much hassle then remember my socials and blog are here to help you. Use my tips and tricks, follow my daily hashtags and try my 5 Minute Challenge or download my monthly monthly cleaning calendar and do a daily task that ensures all the major jobs are being completed.
Better still if you love cleaning you can make a good honest living from it and set up your own little business , keep fit and enjoy the benefits of being self employed.
Hope this helps and thank you for reading
Lynsey Queen of Clean xoxox